There are times when plumbing problems crop up without any prior warning. Most plumbing systems are used very regularly, and this also makes them vulnerable to early deterioration. Sometimes property owners tend to ignore the signs of wear and tear, or even when they do, may defer getting the problems fixed on time. Some try DIY fixes and ultimately find that they are unable to tackle these tasks satisfactorily.
Common Toilet Plumbing Issues
When it comes to toilet problems, we at SPS Plumbers Hills District have noticed that it is far better to get them fixed before they get out of hand. Recurring toilet issues should never be left unaddressed. Here are some common plumbing issues that can arise in toilets:
- Weak Flush- While good quality flushes are built to last for many years, there are times when they begin to malfunction. Hard water deposits are sedimentation can cause problems in these features, and it is always essential to fix the problem on time. You can solve this issue by pouring muriatic acid into the toilet and the flush tube. It is necessary to keep the room well ventilated while doing this job. Leave the muriatic acid inside for a minimum of 30 minutes before flushing it out. You will notice that the system starts to function better.
- Less water in the bowl– If you find that the toilet bowl has less water than usual, there could be a clog in the system. You can try to use a plunger or a drain auger. However, these tools would be useful only in the case of minor blockages. Sometimes the toilet bowls develop cracks, which cause a drop in the water level. If this is the case, you would have to get the entire toilet replaced.
- Partial flush– In some cases, the flush is strong but partial. This issue is typically caused when the flapper valve drops too fast. It needs to stay at a higher level until about 80% of the water in the tank drains out. If you noticed that the water drops much faster than that, replacing the flapper valve will solve the issue.
- Leaking tank- If you have noticed that the tank is dripping continuously, the problem might be caused by the tank fill valve. This problem isn’t straightforward to fix, and you would need the services of a professional plumber for the job.
- Gurgling noises emanating from the sink and tub– many people aren’t aware that partial clogs in the vent pipe of the toilet can cause gurgling sounds to emerge from the sink and bath areas. This fix is best left to the professionals.
While some DIY enthusiasts try to handle these tasks themselves, plumbing issues should always be tackled by professional and licensed plumbers. They have the knowledge, expertise, and skill needed to handle all of these jobs to industry standards For any more information on the services that we at SPS Plumbers Hills District offer, feel free to contact us at this number- (02) 9158 3511 or contact us through this Online Form.